When you are planning a funeral, it is important that you choose details to make the day personal and meaningful. Too often, families get stuck in the traditions of a typical funeral. While these services might be the right answer for some situations, there are many benefits to customized funeral home services in Donna, TX.
What are your needs and desires for an upcoming funeral? Whether you are facing the situation of planning an immediate funeral or you want to pre-plan so that the arrangements are ready for the future, our team at McCaleb Funeral Home is here to offer the assistance that you need.
We understand that every person is unique. So, we will gladly adjust the plans to create the meaningful event that you require so that you can say goodbye to the person that you love.
Honoring the Life of a Loved One
What is the best way to honor the life of your loved one? You can have a day when friends and family members share memories of the experiences that they had with the deceased. But, it doesn’t have to be a formal event. Instead, consider the preferences of the person to choose the details that will match the personality of the person that is being remembered.
A funeral or Celebration of Life can be a healing experience for everyone in attendance. Grief counselors have found that people need a gathering so that they can find closure and healing in the experience. But, you don’t need to stick with tradition for this gathering. Instead, look at customization options.
Here are a few ways that you might customize an upcoming funeral service:
- Balloon Release: We can provide balloons for everyone in attendance. Those balloons can be color-coordinated to match the person’s favorite color. Tie a message of love onto each string, then let the balloons float into the sky at a coordinated time.
- Hobbies or Outings: What is an activity that your loved one enjoyed? Invite friends or family members to participate in that activity together. For example, you could have an afternoon of golfing or a day at the park together. These activities can create a safe, healing opportunity where people can share memories of the person you have lost.
- Planting a Tree or Garden: Why not remember the lost life by planting a new life? Plant a tree or garden to honor the loved one. You can have the tree planted in your backyard, creating a small memorial away from the burial plot in the cemetery. Or, cremations allow you to scatter the ashes in any location of your choice. Place the ashes in the roots of the tree, or scatter the ashes in a memorial garden to create a new life in remembrance of your loved one.
- Veterans Salute: If your loved one is a Veteran, then you should give them the respect they deserve with a Veterans Salute.
- Religious Ceremonies: A religious element can be included in the funeral or graveside service. Many families have religious traditions that they want to incorporate into the event. Discuss your preferences with our team, and we will make sure that the traditions are incorporated into your funeral plan.
Personalized Details of a Funeral
The purpose of having a funeral is to commemorate the life of the person you have lost. As friends and family come together for the event, people have the opportunity for healing by sharing memories of the deceased. You can remember this person through stories, photos, music, and other activities.
The goal of the funeral should be to capture the nature of their personality. Creating a custom funeral showcases the person’s life and helps family members to share their love and adoration for the person. You can plan a service that gives friends or family members an opportunity to share their memories or recollections.
We are happy to incorporate technology if it assists with your preferences. For example, you can have a live webcast of the funeral or Celebration of Life so that that family can attend from distant locations. Also, a video can be played during the meeting to show pictures and videos of the person.
Full-Service Funerals and Cremations
Our team is focused on offering all of the full-service details that you might need for an upcoming funeral or cremation. Whether you are pre-planning for an event in the future or you need an immediate funeral, we are here to assist with your requests. Our team understands the funeral industry, and we will gladly accommodate your needs to support your family during this time.
Whether you live in Donna, TX or a nearby city, we invite you to schedule a consultation with the leading funeral home in the area. At McCaleb Funeral Home we provide all of the services that you need, including cremations. Visit our funeral home at 900 W. 4th St., Weslaco, TX. 78596. Or call for a consultation: (956) 968-7533