There are two times when it might be necessary to plan a funeral or cremation: for an immediate need when someone has passed away, or if you want to plan ahead. It can be a stressful experience for a family to look for funeral homes when they lose a loved one. But, there is no reason to wait to start the plans. Instead, look at pre-planning options in Mercedes, TX so that you can have the arrangements in place before you pass away.
At McCaleb Funeral Home, we recognize the unique nature of each person. We believe that funeral services should be customized to match personalities. Instead of offering a cookie-cutter funeral service for every family, we always accommodate requests to customize the event. You have the flexibility to choose the features that will support the needs of your family.
Quality Funeral Services for a Respectful Event
The quality of the funeral is a way to show your love and respect for the person. Not only are you showcasing the person’s accomplishments, but it is a moment when you can celebrate their life. Family members need the opportunity to gather in unity, sharing memories and love for the person that was lost.
The quality of the funeral home that you choose will have an impact on the experience of the day. So, be selective to pick a funeral home that offers the wide range of services that are needed. A full-service funeral home will provide everything that you need, including a place for the event, graveside services, cremations, and more.
Saving money on the funeral services might be tempting. But, you need to remember that the funeral is a time when people will say their final goodbyes. You need to design a beautiful event that gives family and friends the opportunity for closure.
Preparing for the Funeral or Cremation
At McCaleb Funeral Home, we offer the caring services that you need during this difficult time. We have been serving the industry for many years, offering top-notch funerals and cremations for families in the area.
Our team understands the best solutions to create a memorable day for your family. We will assist in the plans that will help you pay tribute and celebrate the time that was shared with the person you love. It can be a challenge to plan a funeral, so we are here to serve you every step of the way.
The initial meeting is a time when we can understand more about your questions and the services that will be needed. As you discuss your options with our team, you will see that we provide a wide range of services to match every preference. You can hand-pick the details, including:
- Viewing or Visitation: A time when family and friends can visit the open casket to say their final goodbyes. If you choose to have an open-casket event, then we will embalm the body for preservation before the gathering.
- Funeral: Is a traditional funeral a good option for your family? You are welcome to hold the funeral services at our funeral home. Or, we can support your funeral plans if you are going to have the event at a church or different location.
- Celebration of Life: Instead of having a funeral, why not plan an event where you can celebrate the person and their accomplishments? A Celebration of Life is designed to be a party that infuses the person’s favorite activities and memories.
- Cemetery Burial: Burying the casket in a cemetery is the traditional practice for disposition. Often, a graveside service is held after the funeral, before the body is buried. Consider the benefits of choosing a plot in our local cemetery to have a place of memorial that is close to your home.
- Cremations: Another option for disposition is to have the body cremated. This service can be personalized in the same way as a burial. You can choose from a variety of cremation options, including the gathering events that are planned before or after the cremation.
Personalizing Funeral Home Services
One of the advantages to working with a local funeral home is the opportunity to personalize the day to match your needs. At McCaleb Funeral Home, we will listen to your requests and help you choose the details that match the preferences of your family.
We offer everything from a direct cremation with no service to a full, traditional funeral that includes a viewing and graveside services. You need to consider the wishes of the deceased and the requests of family members. Then, talk to our team to design a day that is customized to match the people who will be attending.
When you are ready to learn more, we invite you to schedule a consultation with our team here at McCaleb Funeral Home. We offer services in Mercedes, TX and the nearby areas. Visit our convenient location at 900 W. 4th St., Weslaco, TX. 78596. Or, you can call anytime if you need immediate funeral services: (956) 968-7533